Employment Services Program
Official Title: Employment Services Program
- Funding History
The Employment Services Program (ESP) funds employment and training services for recipients of TAFDC. The program provides education, occupational skills and employment support services to clients. Administered by the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA), ESP providers contract for services throughout Massachusetts.
ESP helps recipients meet the employment/training requirements of TAFDC. ESP offers multiple services including:
- Competitive Integrated Employment Services (CIES) helps clients find work by offering education and skills training, job development and placement.
- Young Parents Program serves pregnant or parenting TAFDC clients between the ages of 14 and 21 who do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Services include counseling, education, life and parenting skills and job training and placement services. The program aims to help youth attain a diploma or GED and to assist them in securing employment through vocational education and training.
- The Massachusetts Office of Refugees and Immigrants (MORI) provides assessment, employment ready and job placement services to non-English and non-Spanish speaking TAFDC recipients.
- The DTA Works Program provides 30 hours per week jobs for 6 months to clients primarily in DTA offices around the state. DTA has begun to reach out to other state and local agencies and non-profits to try and increase the number of available internship positions. Participants in the program receive much-needed work experience in a professional atmosphere and also receive a $75 per week stipend.
- GED testing and support
Transportation services or reimbursement are provided to TAFDC clients participating in ESP education and training programs. The monthly maximum reimbursement for transportation was increased in FY 2015 to $80 from $40.
Updated January 2017
- Workers with Disabilities
- Workforce Development
- Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Development Grants
- Community College Workforce Grants
- Digital Health Internship Incentive Fund
- Employment Services Program
- Health Care Workforce Transformation Trust
- Learn to Earn
- Nursing and Allied Health Education Workforce Development
- One-Stop Career Centers
- Pathways to Self-Sufficiency
- Re-Entry Demonstration Workforce Development Program
- Secure Jobs Pilot
- Train Vets to Treat Vets
- Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund
- Workforce Training Fund
- Youth Engagement
- Gang and Youth Violence Prevention (Shannon Grants)
- Gateway Cities Career Academies
- Safe and Successful Youth Initiative
- School to Career Connecting Activities
- Transitional Employment Program (Roca)
- Youth Violence Prevention Grants
- Youth-At-Risk Matching Grants
- YouthBuild Grants